Açaí Berry Oil (Euterpe Oleracea)
History and Anecdotal Information: The Açaí Palm is a species of palm trees native to Brazil and other regions of South and Central America. The Açaí Palm trees have been prized by the region's tribes for generations for their healing properties, edible fruit and nutritive oil.
Chemical Composition: Açaí Berry has a very high concentration of Omega-6 and Omega-9 Essential Fatty Acids, alongside phytosterols, vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids. Anthocyanins and Phenols make it a very powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory super food oil. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties have led to its popular use in anti-aging skin care products.
- Mono unsaturated Oleic acid
- Omega-3 Fatty acid
- Omega-6 Fatty acid
- Omega-9 Fatty acid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
General Benefits: Its Anti-Inflammatory nature facilitates better absorption of lipids across cell membranes. It is a free radical scavenger preventing degenerative diseases. It reduces cholesterol and helps to prevent cancer, heart disease and stroke.
Skin Benefits: Moisturizing, Healing, Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-Oxidant
Skin Care Applications:
- Highly emollient - it is highly moisturizing to dry, cracked skin.
- Anti-inflammatory and Anti-bacterial properties beneficial in treating Acne.
- Protects skin from Free Radical cellular damage which is the cause of premature skin aging.
- Heals Eczema and Psoriasis.
- Restores Elasticity to aging skin.
Rosemira Products Containing Açaí Berry: Melodic Skin - Rosacea Recovery Serum, Melodic Skin Plus - Rosacea Intensive Repair Serum