Marula Oil (Sclerocarya Birrea)
Pressed from the seeds of the Marula tree that grows in the dry regions of Southern Africa, Marula Oil is comsidered a botanical treasure.
Rich in protein, minerals, vitamins and fatty acids, its dietary benefits have been utilized for generations by the native tribes. Marula oil is also beneficial for skin, with high concentrations of antioxidants, Oleic, Palmitic and Linoleic Fatty Acids and Stearic Acid. It's an ideal and innovative choice for modern cosmetic skincare products.
History & Anecdotal Information: Legends abound about its use as a food source, its magical qualities as a healing ingredient, and its virility/fertility properties.
- The Zulu call it the "Marriage tree", a symbol of fertility used in cleansing rituals before marriage. The tree is dioecious, meaning there are male and female trees, so it's not by coincidence the female tree is one of the most prolific fruit producing trees in Africa.
- The Tonga call the nut "food of kings". The small kernel is tasty and rich in protein.
- The northern Sotho people believe it was given to them by the spirit and is therefore sacred.
Marula oil is indeed Africa's miracle oil. To feel its texture on your skin, and to understand the rich history of its cultural roots, is to appreciate the unique heritage of Marula oil. An expensive oil difficult to come by, it's well worth the price. Lighter than Jojoba oil, with equal staying power, it's quickly absorbed and is an effective ingredient in skincare products designed for summertime.
- Mono-Unsaturated Fatty Acids, high concentration of Oleic Acid
- Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (High concentration of Linoleic Acid)
- Alpha-Linolenic Acid
- Saturated Fatty Acids (Pamitic, Stearic, Arachidonic)
- Flavanoids (Anti-Oxidants)
- Scavenger of Free Radicals
Skin Benefits: Moisturizing, Softening, Hydrating, Revitalizing
Skin Care Applications:
- Protects and nourishes the skin
- Relieves Dermatitis, Eczema and Psoriasis
- Helps heal irritated skin and sunburn
- Hydrates and heals dry and chapped skin
- Anti-oxidant - supports cellular health and delays cellular aging
- Can be used around the eye area for fine line treatment
One of our most popular Serums: See Me C Repair Serum was inspired when I received a beautiful sample of this peach colored oil.
Here is what Chantal Moore, a make-up artist who prides herself in finding the best skincare products for her clients has to say about the See Me C Repair Serum: "This powerful, all natural repair serum contains a blend of Marula, Pomegranate Seed, Frankincense and Rose in a Citrus Essential Oil blend. I was pretty stunned to notice clarity in my skin the morning after one day’s use."
Rosemira Products Containing Marula Oil: See Me C Repair Serum